Friday, October 28, 2011

Been awhile...

I haven't been posting on my blog.  I tend to clam up when I'm sitting on something.  Time to let a little bit more of my story out into the world.  I'm divorced now... it's official.  Well... I'm officially late in announcing that.  I've been divorced for a little over a month now.  I'm not going to go into the who, what, when, where, and why of my divorce in this post, and probably won't go over it much at ALL on this whole blog.  Suffice it to say, it's not just MY story, it's his as well.  It's not fair for you to only have my side of the story.  Just like it's not fair when people judge me after hearing only his side of the story.  But I don't mind telling you that it's all done, and official, and on paper, and on record with the state.

I can give you basic facts...  We were married for five and a half years.  We were separated for about two months before the divorce was made official by the state, it took (seriously) about two days to a week from the time that we turned in the paperwork to the time we were legally strangers.  Now, we don't talk.  It's okay though.  It's probably better that we don't.  There are a lot of... feelings... and not great ones at that.

But now, I get to start all over with my life.  What a scary thought.  I'm in my mid-twenties, just BARELY starting out in college, embarking on a pathway towards a nursing degree that will take me anywhere from 6-8 years to complete (Family Nurse Practitioner or Certified Nurse Midwife).  It's a tough time to start over, but it's better than never starting at all.  And I know where I'm going, because I know where I've been.

No comments:

Post a Comment