Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fall Bucket List!

I totally meant to do this back in September.  But I didn't... So I'm going to blog it now.


I want to state for the record that AUTUMN is my favorite time of year.  Truly, NOTHING beats the majesty that is Autumn in New York... they don't write songs about Autumn in Oregon for a reason.  But... this year?  This year I want to do all the things, the FALL kinds of things, that I didn't get to do in years past.  These are things that I think should be mandatory for each and every autumn... but I didn't get to do them as often as I would have liked.  Oh, and these are in NO particular order.  Just spouting 'em off as I remember them.


  • Corn maze, preferably in the dark.  Corn mazes are ALWAYS more fun in the dark.  People jumping out and saying "BOO!" are optional.
  • Pumpkin carving
  • Wassail
  • Baking a GOOD GF apple pie
  • Carmel corn, homemade, the GOOD kind... in the oven.  With or without cinnamon almonds.
  • Apple picking?  Can you even do that in Oregon?  If not... skip to next bullet point.
  • Home made caramel apples, preferably with apples I PICKED MYSELF.
  • Go for a walk in the brisk autumn air, with a friend.  Have a long talk.
  • Photo session in a forest or a field.  Pumpkin patch maybe?
  • OHEMGEE PUMPKIN PATCH!!!! Preferably with a hayride.

And... that's pretty much my Top 10 Things I HAAAAVE to do this fall.  Good news?  Already checked that first one off, thanks to an activity with my church.  Holla!

No comments:

Post a Comment