Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 1 - Recent picture of you and 15 random facts about yourself

(need a little more explanation?  It's a meme... clickety on over here for the juicy deets!)


Recent picture of me, eh?  Hmmm...  How about, THIS one!?  I took it today, and it's of my feet... so I think that qualifies.



  1. I have Celiac disease.  This means that gluten (the protein found in grains like wheat, spelt, barley and rye) is poison to my body.  Interestingly enough, instead of just going, "Ew!  Yicky!  Flush that crap OUT!" my body actually goes, "DEATH to the INVADER!!!!  And fights it off like an infection.  Ridiculously huge, full-scale immune battle-mode response which includes attacking the villi in my intestines and trying to kill THEM simply because they're trying to absorb those nutrients.  Poor villi, it's not THEIR fault.  Celiac sucks.  But eating gluten free?  That totally does NOT suck.  It's yummy, and now the food I love actually loves me back.
  2. I am a self-proclaimed "iAddict"  :-)  I proudly own three iPods, an iPhone, and a MacBook Pro.  Steve Jobs (may he rest in peace) was an icon, a genius, and a friend to millions.
  3. I love makeup.  LOVE, love makeup.  I've done everything from professional makeup artistry to selling cosmetics with my Mary Kay business.  It's kinda my outlet.  LOVE it.  You can usually tell my mood by looking at my makeup. ;-)
  4. I cook when I'm angry.  For example?  I was supposed to bring a dish to a potluck on Monday.  As in ONE.  It was a bad day... I started with one... and then it quickly turned into three.  Lol.  Like I said, I cook when I'm angry.
  5. When I'm in a bad mood, there are a few movies that will usually pull me out.  Mean Girls and Easy A have been my go-to movies lately.  Heh.  They're just funny.  And RIDICULOUSLY quotable.
  6. That leads me to my next point... Movies.  I own nearly 300 DVD's.  And I've seen them ALL.  And I watch them ALL over and over again.  I love me some movies.
  7. I love comics, and comic book movies, and superheroes, and super villains.  :-)
  8. I had mainly guy friends growing up, as in... from birth.  This means I love Star Wars (and have proudly called someone a nerf herder and meant it) and Transformers, and sports, and Xbox, and other such boyish things.
  9. I'm pregnant, and I actually REEEEALLY enjoy being pregnant.  This is probably the most insanely awesome I've ever felt about my body.  Sure, I whine about things... but really, in my head?  I follow it up (most of the time) with, "I am a freaking ROCKSTAR!  I'm making a BABY in here!"
  10. I set custom ringtones for people that either make me think of them, or make me  laugh when I hear them.  Like, my parent's text tones for example?  My mom's is "IT'S SO FLUFFY!!!" from Despicable Me, and my dad's is Darth Vader saying, "I AM YOUR FATHER!" heh... makes me giggle every time.
  11. As much as I enjoy long walks on the beach... I prefer long RUNS on the beach.  I really enjoy running, anywhere and everywhere.  It's hard to do while pregnant... but I do really love it.
  12. I will gladly pack my own backpack into the woods and camp out for a week or more.  I mean, I'm as girlie as they come... when I want to be, but if you can't drop the makeup and curling iron for an extended period of time... there's something seriously wrong with you.  I love to be outdoors, and I love to be all rough and tough with the best of 'em.
  13. I kind of hate the number 13.  I'm not triskaidekaphobic or anything... but I just think 13 is a sucky number.  And don't give me that "Baker's Dozen" crap.  I don't want to hear it.  That baker can't count.  
  14.  (I just realized that I've written this list out like a 14 year old on a sugar high.  Yes.  That's a fairly accurate description for my standard thought process.  The Avril Lavigne I'm cranking in the background probably isn't helping my maturity level.)  I listen to lots of types of music.  I don't really have one genre that I like more than others.  My iTunes on shuffle is crazy.  It'll go from Yo Yo Ma to Nicki Minaj to Billy Joel to Tim McGraw.  I like music.
  15. I absolutely love Ellen Degeneres.  That woman makes me happy inside.  I love the insanely quirky/happy drum she marches to, I love her cute show, I love that she has adorable youtube kids on as guests... I love Dory from Finding Nemo... I just think Ellen is a rockstar.  I would LOVE to be on her show, simply so I could dance my entrance.  Ten bucks says I do a better job than Obama did ;-)  He's been an alright president, but my dance entrance on Ellen would be cooler.  Just saying.

And... that my friends is Day One.  :-)  And now... I'm going to take my pregnancy-induced insomniac butt up to bed.  I probably won't sleep... but I'm becoming an EXPERT at finding patterns in the texturing material on the walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment