Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 2 - The meaning behind your Blog name

LemonDropLoving... that's my blog address...
The Lemon Momma... that's how I sign my blogs...
Breathe, Step, Trust... that's my blog title...

Not entirely sure which one of these you want me to define, so how about all of them?!

I chose "Lemon Drop Loving" as my blog address because of a few reasons.  I've always been a fan of lemon drops.  Since I was little.  I love the sweet and sour flavors, the crunchiness when you get too impatient to keep sucking on them, how they have little air bubbles that kinda cut your tongue if you're not careful... I love everything about them.  To me, they taste like summer car trips and school bus rides.  They taste like childhood.  I will never STOP loving them.  They also remind me of Albus Wulfric Percival Brian Dumbledore.  They were his favorite muggle sweet.  And... at the time I created this blog, I was pretty newly pregnant, and lemon drops were my first real craving, and a good nausea deterrent.

I chose "The Lemon Momma" as my signature/blogger name because it fits me.  I'm not your conventional fruit.  Most people wouldn't like to just take a big ol' honkin' bite outta me... but I add good flavor to most situations.  And I'm really pleasant when I'm all sweetened up.  I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea (but I do tend to be more enjoyable with a cup of tea), and I may not do everything the way everyone else would do it... but I am a pretty handy fruit to have around.  I'm versatile, if you will.

And finally, "Breathe, Step, Trust..."  That one comes from one of my favorite quotes by Richard Bach,

“When you have come to the edge of all the light you have
And step into the darkness of the unknown
Believe that one of the two will happen to you
Either you'll find something solid to stand on
Or you'll be taught how to fly!”  


This blog has been a huge leap for me.  I started it, quite literally, standing at the edge of everything I knew, all the light I had... and I took that step into the darkness.  This is that step.  But it's also about the emotions going into that step.  I take my deep breath, I take my step, and I trust that I'm either going to soar, or I'm going to be on solid ground.  Breathe, step, trust...

No comments:

Post a Comment