Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 7 - A picture of someone/something that has had the biggest impact on you




Let's do this from left to right, clockwise.  :-)

First and foremost, my Savior.  He has been, by far, the person with the most impact on my life.  He loves me, and for that I am eternally grateful.  He chose to atone for our sins.  Not just those who accept that sacrifice, but EVERYONE'S.  It doesn't matter if you don't believe in His existence.  It doesn't matter if you know He's there, but sin anyway... He still atoned for your sins.  I'm forever in awe of Him.  His love for me, His compassion, His ability to forgive all my craziness... He's always there.  My favorite story from His life?  Luke, chapter 11, specifically verses 1-44.  That link will take you to it.  I love that story because the Savior grieves with Mary and Martha... exactly the way each sister needs Him to.  It shows His true depth of understanding of EACH of us, on an individual level.  He's amazing.

Next, the Bible and the Book of Mormon.  These two books have literally changed my life.  I wouldn't be who I am today without them.  If you haven't read them, I encourage you to request a free copy.  For a free copy of the Bible, click here.  For a free copy of the Book of Mormon, click here.

After that, we have Joseph Smith.  The prophet.  This man has done so much for the world, and I love him for the sacrifices he made.  He was a human being, a man, called of God to bring forth a work He had in mind for His children.  What a humbling calling that must have been.  Read more about Joseph Smith here.

That adorable couple on the far right?  Two of my favorite people in the entire world.  Gordon B. Hinckley and Marjorie Pay Hinckley.  Presdient Hinckley was the prophet and leader of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for most of my childhood.  His example, his testimony, and his lighthearted sense of humor still stays with me, even after his passing.  His sweet wife, Sister Hinckley is still one of my favorite examples of motherhood, love, and strength.   For a brief video honoring Sister Hinckley, click here.  For a brief video of President Hinckley sharing a lesson he learned as a boy, click here.

Last, but not least, we have the Rexburg Idaho LDS Temple.  That beautiful building at the top of the hill was my beacon for the time that I lived in Rexburg.  A constant reminder that the Lord loves His children, that families ARE forever, and that He wants us to return home to Him... that temple was MY temple.  I went as often as I could, sometimes several times per week.  I miss it.  I love that place.

No comments:

Post a Comment