Thursday, December 8, 2011

Momma's got a brand new attitude...

My awesome friend Ashley posted a really neat blog post today.  She talked about living below your privileges, and it really struck me.  She's a rockstar.

But it got me thinking... Mainly about how I'm not ashamed of my past.  I'm not proud of a lot of it, and I'm sad about some of it, but I've certainly learned a lot from it.  And... maybe it's okay if I'm "out" on the internet.  Maybe it's okay if I let you know who I am.  Maybe it's okay if I stop hiding, because... that sorta makes it look like I'm ashamed of who I am.  The whole reason I was hiding behind the anonymity of this blog was because I was afraid that people would be watching me, and reading me, and knowing who I am... and there are a couple people I would prefer NOT to know my everyday comings and goings.  But... that's kinda silly.  I have so many friends and family that are scattered abroad, and blogs are how we keep in touch a lot of the time.

I still plan on keeping "internet names" for me and mine.  And I'm still on the fence about putting up Baby Bug's image on the web.  But... Maybe it's not so bad if I start sharing my blog.  :-)  Enough people have asked, that maybe it's time.  So... here goes.

My name is Aubri.  I'm 25, I am a single mom.  My ex-husband and I divorced in my first trimester.  I don't talk much about him, because that's his business.  I don't talk much about our marriage and divorce because he's a private person, and I respect his privacy enough to leave it at that.  It's not just MY story, it's his story too.  And he chooses to keep his stories OFF the web, so out of respect for him, I keep it off my corner of the web.  I hope that everyone else would respect him enough to leave him out of my internet life as well.  I will never tolerate anyone slamming him, his character, or his family.

Hello internet.  I'm here to make my case, and present myself to the world.  Aubri, The Lemon Momma... out and proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment